A strong recovery requires leadership, bold ideas, and action — and we need your help! Add your name if you'll stand with Currie Dixon and the Yukon Party!
WHITEHORSE – A Yukon Party government will work with l’Association franco-yukonnaise (AFY) to identify the priorities of the Francophone community and avenues to ensure improved action and quality of life for Francophones throughout the territory.
“A Yukon Party government is committed to working closely, respectfully and collaboratively with the territory’s Francophone community,” said Yukon Party candidate for Takhini-Kopper King Morgan Yuill. “By listening, we can partner to help support enhanced French language services and improved bilingual health and education outcomes and tourism initiatives.”
In order to support the territory’s Francophone community, a Yukon Party government is committed to:
- Improving access to French language services; including a review of the current Active Offer program to ensure it meets community needs.
- Moving forward with the realization of a bilingual health centre and developing a path forward for bilingual health services.
- Working with Commission scholaire francophone du Yukon (CSFY), Yukon University and Yukon Education to offer French educational services in the territory.
- Explore creating a dedicated seat on the Yukon University Board of Governors for a representative from the Francophone community.
- Reviewing and renewing the funding partnership between the Yukon government and AFY to support French language training.
- Working with AFY to champion Francophone immigration to the Yukon.
- Working with AFY to ensure long-term funding for French language tourism marketing.
“The Yukon Party team is a proud champion of our Francophone community and its contributions to our territory’s rich diversity,” added Yuill.
The Yukon Party is committing to Action for a Change. The party’s platform document puts the focus on Economic Recovery, Supporting Yukon Families, and Safe and Growing Communities. These pillars rest on a foundation of Good Governance and result in a Strong Yukon Recovery, which includes:
- Supports for business through to recovery, including cutting Red Tape, economic diversification, creating new private sector opportunities, and bolstering the Yukon’s tourism industry.
- Addressing energy and climate change, including a ‘Made-in-Yukon’ carbon pricing system, and investing in secure energy sources.
- Recognizing the development of Yukoners begins at birth, the platform contains actions for health beginnings, early learning and childcare, K to 12 and First Nations education, and post-secondary initiatives.
- Reinforcement and expansion of health and wellness, and mental wellness initiatives.
- Forging effective partnerships with First Nations, federal and municipal governments, Non-Government Organizations, and the private sector, all while respecting the public service.
- Addressing housing and land development, investing in the Yukon’s communities, and creating safe communities.
You can read the Yukon Party’s Action for a Change plan here.
The 2021 territorial general election will be held on Monday, April 12. Advanced polling dates have been announced for Sunday, April 4 and Monday, April 5, 2021.
For further information, please contact: