A strong recovery requires leadership, bold ideas, and action — and we need your help! Add your name if you'll stand with Currie Dixon and the Yukon Party!
The party’s commitment to vital infrastructure investment and providing certainty and planning for our transport links to benefit all Yukoners - urban and rural, residential, and commercial.
Scott Kent, the Yukon Party candidate for Copperbelt South announced how a Yukon Party government will support infrastructure development and reliability.
“The Yukon needs to reestablish its position as a desirable jurisdiction to invest in,” said Kent. “The Yukon Party will provide certainty and work with contractors to give them time to plan for the future so they can continue to create jobs and invest in our communities.”
A Yukon Party government will:
- Institute a tendering forecast each fall for projects to give contractors enough time for the upcoming construction season to plan, train and be competitive.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive 10-year investment plan in Yukon infrastructure to give certainty to Yukon communities and contractors, to be able to plan for the future and invest in and retain workers long-term.
- Commit that Yukon Gateway Resource Funding will remain with transportation infrastructure and capacity building.
- Work with appropriate levels of government to lobby for Yukon’s required access to tidewater via Skagway and Haines, Alaska and Stewart, B.C.
- Reverse the cuts to the Rural Road Upgrade Program and Roads to Resources program; and
- Work with Canada, and Alaska to push the United States to live up to its commitments under the Shakwak agreement.
“The contracting community needs certainty and that starts with a Yukon Party government planning for next year’s season the fall before,” continued Kent. “This not only increases accountability for tax dollars, but it also allows our valued contractors and the successful bidder to plan, hire and train locally.”