A strong recovery requires leadership, bold ideas, and action — and we need your help! Add your name if you'll stand with Currie Dixon and the Yukon Party!
The Yukon Party is the only party offering to provide Yukoners with a clear path forward to lead the territory out of the pandemic and into a prosperous future. Creating the economic conditions for the territory to succeed will require fresh ideas and strong and decisive leadership. The Yukon Party team is ready to provide Yukoners with Action for a Change to create new opportunities for the private sector to create jobs.
Through its comprehensive Economic Recovery Plan, the Yukon Party recognizes that the territory will only have long-term success if the private sector leads the way forward.
“Creating new opportunities for our territory’s small businesses needs to be the focus for the next four years,” said Yukon Party Leader Currie Dixon. “Yukon needs a leader that will show up and stand up for the private sector. We will get Yukon businesses through the pandemic and give them more opportunity to succeed.”
In order to achieve this, a Yukon Party government will:
- Open the distribution model of the Yukon Liquor Corporation to allow licensees to purchase directly from manufacturers and distributors. This will increase choice, allow for more diversity of product, and save licensees money.
- Conduct a liquor pricing review.
- Work with local breweries and distilleries to explore new sales avenues such as delivery.
- Extend the 25 per cent discount for liquor licenses for one year and amend the current program so that it applies equally to all licensees throughout the territory.
- Modernize liquor licenses by allowing restaurants and bars to expand their spaces and increase profitability through actions such as working with municipalities to permit expanded patios and increase for outdoor activities.
Today’s announcement is part of the Yukon Party’s plan to give Yukoners Action for a Change that will lead the territory out of the pandemic and into a prosperous future.
- Provide a clear path forward with timelines and benchmarks to provide Yukoners with certainty about reopening.
Freeze power rates to make life more
- Create a non-taxable Yukon Universal Childcare Benefit of $500 per child per month for every child up to 5 and $100 per child per month from every child 6 to 10. This will ensure life is more affordable for families and no child is left behind.
- Create an Education Recovery Plan to ensure no student is left behind.
Enhance mental health supports for Yukoners to deal with the impacts of the pandemic.
- Enhance and accelerate relief funding for businesses.
Streamline supports for business.
Reduce red tape to support small business.
- Invest in green and renewable energy to help Canada achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.